Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Fansy Update

Well this weekend was pretty much a bust but I managed to make up for it some at the end.

Things started to go south Friday night. After my weekly RPG game (Everquest the RPG this week) I went to log in to WoW while the wife and I watched some movies. My brand new laptop (Vista) could find my network but not connect to the internet. Now it had been working fine for the last few weeks and I didn't change anything but it just quit. I wound up working on it for about 12 hours on Saturday on the phone with tech support several times (can't complain about Xotic PC's tech support). We tried just about everything including some pretty serious registry diving before finally we decided I needed to reinstall Vista. What a mess, what a waste of a day. Way to go Microsoft.

When I finally got up and going things improved though. I met a pretty cool guy in Stranglethorn who wanted to head up to the Swamp of Sorrows. We got ganked a couple of times on the way but had a good time doing some quests out by the shore. I really hadn't been planning on going up there, and the drop rate on the croc and crab quests are stupid but I had a good time. It is so rare that you randomly meet someone cool in an MMO and hang out anymore. Reminds me of the good old days.

I finished extra strong on Monday night, I dinged 45 and with the help of my guildmate Tosh I got my Whirlwind Axe.

I managed to get to level 15 on Birgette (EQ2) and work on the Werewolf Lore quest, I also had a chance to talk with some of my guild mates. It was a random invite guild but there seems to be some pretty cool people to talk to in it.

No comments:

Hit Counter