Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Iowa

I wanted to post on this earlier but I used up so much time messing around with my computer that I never got around to it.

This will not be a political blog and I have no interest in starting any arguments etc.

In the Iowa primary one of the whitest states in the country went for an African American for the Democratic primary. Although she wound up finishing third, his chief rival leading up to the vote was a woman.

The Republicans in that state gave a resounding "No" to negative campaigning and voted for Mike Huckabee. Some are claiming it is his evangelical beliefs that won the state for him but the second place finisher there was a Mormon so I think there is more to it than that.

It has been a rough few years for America, the long war in Iraq, contested elections, dirty politics and Katrina have worn on our national unity.

I have to say that I have waited my entire life for a day like this, and I had pretty much given up hope on it ever happening in my lifetime (and I am only 29). I never thought it could happen this close in time to everything else that has been going on.

Good work guys.

No comments:

Hit Counter