Tuesday, March 11, 2008

No Videogames

I have not had a chance to play any video games for quite some time. I have been able to keep up with my tabletop gaming, in fact I have too many projects going at once on that front.
  1. Introduction to Spelljammer 2nd edition game that my players have been requesting. After this weekend at FtC I am seriously considering converting the whole mess over to Savage Worlds. I have a feeling it will work much better. The game has not even started yet and my players are already asking me about ways to exploit the rules regarding various spells in 2nd edition (damn invisible servant). I will be converting an island chain campaign I made but never used over to asteroids and small moons.
  2. My own Star Wars d6 campaign that I will be running on the weekends that Chris cannot make it to our games. This is an alternate universe where Luke Skywalker died on the Death Star in RotJ and Mace Windu lived through his fall and is in hiding. The New Jedi Order, run by Leia, is in a struggle with Jedi Knights trained by Mace Windu over the very meaning of what it means to be a Jedi. The New Jedi Order tends to stick to Yoda style elitism and prophecies while the Windu faction is less strict.
  3. Traveller: A History Phase 3, this section will take place a few years after the launch of the Generation Ship Pometheus. It will cover the adventures of the crew of the Starleaper Two, mankind's first FTL exploration mission. I am planning on having many different political factions on the ship with different agendas, kind of like if the West Wing was set on the original Enterprise. I am planning on somewhere between 5 and 10 missions for this campaign.
  4. I have to get an adventure ready to run for Swords and Steel a rules system by fellow 'booter The Scribbler that I am dying to try out. It is a planetary romance game and I am thinking about doing a take on either Herland or The Seven Samurai. The Seven Samurai is without a doubt the most useful movie to steal from for games. I ran 3 different games ripped off from it in one weekend for the same group and they never realized it.
  5. I am working on several rules conversions for Rocketship Empires, a super cool WWII in space systemless setting. I am looking at GURPS, Savage Worlds, and Classic Traveller for now but will probably do more later. I want to post them so people can play this game that I will be shamelessly plugging at every chance. I already have an idea for how to do an adventure based on The Bridge On The River Kwai when the war gets to that point in the game.
  6. I would love to get a Battlestations game in again soon.

No comments:

Hit Counter